July 2016 SAM Release

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Hi! Today's the release of July's great So Suzy Stamp of the Month release!  I love all of these Coastal Themed Stamps and this month is no exception!

 

This Compass Stamp is great! 
Here's how I made the card:

  • I wanted a larger card than I normally make, so I started with an A7 card base.
  • I had some paper that had an old world map that I thought lent itself to the theme I was going for.
  • The compass makes me think of finding your way and navigation, SO I decided I wanted to have some stars. I made a background using my Clarity Brushes and my So Suzy Ink Bites.  The color doesn't show up too well in the picture, so I included a picture of the paper before I cut it up.  It is at the bottom of the page. I used Dew Drop and Thistle Thicket from the Highland Spring collection, Wave Whisper and Mermaid Mist from the Coastal Breeze collection, and Celestial Sky and Plum Passion from the Peacock Plumes Collection. I cut a piece off of the used a Star Punch that I had from Stampin Up.
  •  I wanted the stars to shine through, so I added some Zing Gold Embossing Powder to the top of the card base.
  • I tore a piece of vellum to fit across the card, and embossed the Compass Stamp in the same Gold Powder.  I cut a circle to frame it up  with my MFT Die Namics Stitched Circle Stack Steel Die.
That's my card - hope you like it!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a nice little message!

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)