Sunday, April 24, 2016

Long Time No Sea!!!!

Happy Sunday everyone!  I'm enjoying this stamp for the April Release at So Suzy Stamp of the Month Club.
Everyone has been making such great cards with this stamp! 

One of the perks of being near the So Suzy Shop (other than getting to see SUZANNE in person!!!) is that she brought in one of her design team members Monica Taylor to share some of her techniques at a workshop.  I wanted to use the April stamp to make one of the cards Monica demonstrated during the class.  This is my first attempt:

 
 
Inside of Card


I stamped the image on buff cardstock using Mementos Rich Cocoa.  I was going for a vintage old fashioned post card kind of look, I took my Clarity brush and swiped it over some of my So Suzy Ink Bites (have I mentioned how much I love these inks!!!!!), wiped the brush on a paper towel to get rid of most of the color, and painted a little bit of Simply Sinful to the chair, some Wave Whisper to the water, a little hint of Mellow Mint on the palm leaves, added a few strokes of Rum Runner (because I love the name mainly) around a little, and finished the sun with some Sunflower Sue.  The paper is Graphic 45, By The Sea Collection. The idea of a Passport card (my interpretation of Monica's explanation) is to layer on things until you get it to look the way you want. I added a tab so you can turn the page, and glued some sea shells on to go with the sea theme.  The tag was cut from buff cardstock with a punch I have had for a while.  I inked the edges of the torn paper with my Rum Runner Ink Bite and glued them on the paper with some Tombow adhesive, and used my brayer to get the excess adhesive off. 

It was a fun card to make!  Are you a member of the So Suzy Stamp a Month Club? I have seen a "sneaky peak" at some of the upcoming stamps.  You will love them!!! If you aren't a member yet, don't wait!  Head on over to So Suzy Stamp of the Month Club today and sign up!  Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

  1. Very cute!!!! Way to go on making your own passport card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cuteness.... love how you "copied" Monica but made this all about you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuteness.... love how you "copied" Monica but made this all about you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally smitten by this card Janis!! You did a great job channeling your inner Monica!! love,love,love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Very impressive. So glad you were paying attention in class! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Very impressive. So glad you were paying attention in class! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janis this is awesome! ^__^ Had been catching up on posts over at Suzy's blog and when I saw this, I knew I had to come here and check it out! You did a fantastic job! *Hugs* <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a nice little message!

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)